Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stupid Bus Company T&Cs!!!!

I am writing to express my utter frustration at a certain tour/coach company....

Story goes like this, i had booked and paid for a return coach tix departing on the eve of the Good Friday holiday (Thurs nite) to KL but due to unforeseen circumstances, I need to change the dates a month later (will write abt that unforeseen circumstance soon, promise!)...

So Monday nite, after work i trotted down to Golden Mile where the bus company is... I had stayed late in the office trying to help a customer do some configuration work but i failed miserably (fyi, im a sales person and not a tech officer)... Dead tired and hungry i had to do the changes soonest as i assume, most bus company will have a time frame of at least 3 working days.... I was very confident that at most i need to pay a maximum of $10 or maybe nothing at all since i have a grace period of 3 days...

So walked up to the guy at the counter (name: Daniel) , who i bought the tix earlier from, and explained my needs.... Naturally, the guy jumped and quickly informed me that there will be no refund of the tix purchase and instead I need to buy for the new dates....

Madness!! its not like im going to cancel the tix but just need to change the dates, for god sake!! So i argued and argued but insist that im canceling the tix.. and the worse bit that do not make any sense, penalty for cancellation is base on tour packages bought!! WHAT THE HELL???

Hello.. i bought coach tix and not a tour package... U know the terms and conditions indicated that if i cancel my departure date, there will be a $300 fee... And i bought the tix for like $62 but if i change/cancel coach tix will be at $300, and need to give 1 month notice too!!
sigh... so in the end after i nearly screamed my head off, explaining to them that conditions is extremely ridiculous, the lady relented (by this time Daniel,poor chap,had to ask a senior staff for assistance) unwillingly, and told me that i need to pay additional $30 for amendments...
Its definitely fine with me cos im doing an amendment and not a CANCELLATION!!!

One thing is for sure i will def not buy any more tix from that company!!

Oh if u readers would like to know which company is this, its GR Travel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home